Lugano, Switzerland, 27 July 2020– The ESMO Congress 2020 will be held as a virtual meeting, with the programme delivered over two weekends:
- Science weekend on 19-21 September
- Educational weekend on 16-18 October
ESMO welcomes media interested in reporting from the ESMO events and on cancer issues. Only through the official accreditation process with the ESMO Media Registration Form accredited media representatives will be able to access embargoed material and official press conferences.
The scientific programme will include the presentation of the latest cancer research results with more than 2100 abstracts, including around 100 expected late-breaking abstracts. Abstract titles are already listed in the online programme, the titles of accepted late-breaking abstracts will be made available at the end of August.
Please note the new embargo schedule for the ESMO Virtual Congress 2020:
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at the ESMO Virtual Congress 2020 as Poster (suffix ‘P’, ‘TiP’) and EONS Poster (prefix ‘CN’) will be published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 CEST on Monday, 14 September 2020.
- Abstracts and late-breaking abstracts accepted for presentation at the ESMO Virtual Congress 2020 as Mini Oral (suffix ‘MO’) will be published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 CEST on Friday, 18 September 2020.
- Abstracts and late-breaking abstracts accepted for presentation at the ESMO Virtual Congress 2020 as Proffered Paper (suffix ‘O’) and EONS Proffered Paper (prefix ‘CN’) will be published online via the ESMO website at 00:05 CEST on Saturday, 19 September 2020.
- Abstracts and late-breaking abstracts selected for inclusion in the ESMO Press Programme will be published online according to a dedicated schedule which will be made available by early September.
- Data and information included in accepted abstracts is under embargo until the relevant embargo release date cited in the schedule above.
- Data and information beyond what is included in all accepted abstracts, including full data sets and full manuscripts, may only be made public at the start of the official programme session during which the study is presented.
Media representatives are required to observe and abide by the ESMO Media Policy which applies to all ESMO events.
ESMO Press Office