Printer friendly version
15th ESMO WORLD CONGRESS on GASTROINTESTINAL CANCER
03 July 2013 — 06 July 2013
European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
International Convention Center, Barcelona, Spain, 03 Jul – 06 Jul 2013
“ The ESMO 15th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer promises to continue the tradition of excellence and stimulate the interest of its participants. We look forward to seeing you in July 2013 in Barcelona for what will be a most important and most memorable scientific meeting.”
Mario Dicato, MD and Eric Van Cutsem, MD, PhD - 15th ESMO World GI Congress Co-Chairs
The ESMO 15th World Congress in Gastrointestinal Cancer is the premier global event in the field, encompassing malignancies affecting every component of the gastrointestinal tract and aspects related to the care of patients with gastrointestinal cancer, including screening, diagnosis and the latest management options for common and uncommon tumours.
With the focus on personalised therapy, multidisciplinary management and unravelling molecular mechanisms, the congress will update the broad range of experts who participate in the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers, providing a clear overview for treatment.
- Adjuvant capecitabine and oxaliplatin (XELOX) for gastric cancer after D2 gastrectomy: final results from the CLASSIC trial
- REGARD Phase 3, randomized trial of ramucirumab in patients with metastatic gastric or GEJ adenocarcinoma following progression on first-line chemotherapy
- Updated results of the phase 2 IMPACT trial: Maintenance with MGN1703 vs placebo in patients with advanced colorectal carcincoma (mCRC)
- Folfoxiri/bevacizumab versus FOLFIRI/bevacizumab as first-line treatment in unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer: results of phase III TRIBE trial by GONO group.
- FOLFIRI plus cetuximab versus FOLFIRI plus bevacizumab as first-line treatment of KRAS-wildtype metastatic colorectal cancer: German AIO study KRK-0306 (FIRE-3)
- Evaluation of KRAS, NRAS, and BRAF Mutations in PRIME: Panitumumab With FOLFOX4 as First-Line Treatment in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)
Abstracts selected by the Scientific Committee and the Congress Chairs as the Top Abstracts for the ESMO 15th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer ,are available on the Congress website at http://worldgicancer.com/WCGI/WGIC2013/abstracts.asp with other information for the press on or about 3 July 2013.
Other abstracts will be available to subscribers on the Annals of Oncology website at http://annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/supplemental following the Congress.
The complete scientific agenda is available at http://worldgicancer.com/WCGI/WGIC2013/agenda.asp
Mario Dicato, MD, Luxembourg Medical Center, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Eric Van Cutsem, MD, PhD, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Vice Chair: Josep Tabernero, MD, Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain