Printer friendly version
Publishing this November from Routledge Major Works
01 June 2012
Taylor & Francis
African American Writing is the first multi-volume collection to provide users with full coverage of a crucial literary tradition.
A tradition that now spans slave texts to novels by Nobel Prize-winning authors, and which is, in the learned editor’s words, ‘intrinsic to America’s self-articulation’.
- African American Literary-Cultural Statements
- Theory Perspectives
- Oral Tradition and Legacy
- Literary Critique and Slavery Studies
- New Negro and Harlem Renaissance
- Ellison and Baldwin
- Modern African American Fiction
- Modern African American Poetry
- African American Drama
- African American Autobiography.
African American Writing is edited by A. Robert Lee, his expert selection brings together the best and most influential critical assessments, evaluations, and other scholarship in one easy-to-use ‘mini library’.