Printer friendly version
COST proud partner of ESOF 2012
11 July 2012 — 15 July 2012
COST is proud to partner with ESOF, an inter-disciplinary, pan-European meeting which brings together 6 000 scientists, business leaders, government officials and international media to discuss the best of European science and to address all of the major global challenges, including Energy, Climate Change, Food and Health.
The event is held under the auspices of Euroscience and aims to:
- Showcase the latest advances in science and technology.
- Promote a dialogue on the role of science and technology in society and public policy.
- Stimulate and provoke public interest, excitement and debate about science and technology.
ESOF 2012 incorporates a number of distinct streams:
- A Science programme of seminars, workshops and debates on the latest research. COST Action FP0905 will organise a session called 'Planting the seeds of genetically modified trees' on Thursday 12 July 2012!
- A Media programme to promote science communication.
- A Business programme to link basic research with industrial applications.
- A Careers programme for young researchers.
- An Exhibition to showcase the best of European public and private research.
- An Outreach programme to engage with the general public.