Loughborough, University of
Loughborough University has 10 schools:
* Loughborough Design School
* School of Aeronautical, Automotive, Chemical & Materials Engineering
* School of the Arts, English & Drama
* School of Business & Economics
* School of Civil & Building Engineering
* School of Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering
* School of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
* School of Science
* School of Social, Political & Geographical Sciences
* School of Sports, Exercise & Health Sciences
Loughborough offers first rate facilities for students, staff and visitors, including world-class sporting amenities, internationally acclaimed research centres and state-of-the-art academic buildings.
Loughborough is ranked in the top 20 of UK universities in national league tables and has been awarded six Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education in recognition of its world leading research. The quality of the University's research was confirmed by the results of the most recent national Research Assessment Exercise. Every academic department was found to be undertaking research that is internationally recognised, with 18% of the University's research judged to be 'world leading'.
It is the UK's premier university for sport and its underpinning academic disciplines, resulting in its selection as the official preparation camp for Team GB in the run up to the London 2012 Olympics.
The University is recognised for the breadth of its mutually beneficial partnerships with multi-national businesses, as well as small to medium-sized enterprises.