Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University has world-leading research that spans a diverse portfolio of activities. The University has more than 24,000 students currently study at six faculties, which are:
* Birmingham Institute of Art and Design (BIAD) is the largest centre for design and media education outside London and rated as one of the top ten UK art and design research institutions.
* Performance, Media and English which includes Birmingham Conservatoire, a specialist music college of international stature, while Birmingham School of Acting is one of the UK's leading vocational drama training schools.
* Birmingham City Business School is a key regional centre which, with 4,000 students, is one of the largest business schools in the UK.
* Education, Law and Social Sciences includes the University's prestigious Education provision which trains teachers and related professionals at levels from foundation degrees to PhD. This faculty is also home to law, criminal justice, social and political studies.
* Health is one of the UK's largest centres for non-medical health education and includes the Defence School of Health Care Studies, which trains military nurses and professionals.
* Technology, Innovation and Development offers cutting-edge courses in computer technology, multimedia and engineering.