Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre - University College Cork
Aims of the Centre
To investigate the means by which intestinal bacteria influence health and disease
· To develop new therapies for lifelong debilitating gastrointestinal diseases such as gastroenteritis, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease
· To explore commercial opportunities in both the pharma and functional food sector and to position Ireland at the forefront of this exciting new area
· To attract the brightest and most enthusiastic students to our Postgraduate Programme and to deliver a training programme renowned for its excellence
· To provide a resource for education and training of industry personnel by delivering a high level of expertise suited to both food and pharma
· To actively promote communication with government, Irish and international industry and the public, in particular schools and young people, on issues such as gastrointestinal disorders, probiotics and functional foods as well as keeping the public abreast of new therapeutic agents, ongoing clinical trials and exciting new research findings.